Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Family

I really do think that I am very blessed with my family. Now, that is not just my husband, my daughters, and my pets, but I mean the whole family. I mean my sister, dean's siblings, grandparents, and cousins - extended family too. We really do have a pretty close family, and it amazes me when I hear of those that do not have anything to do with their family or a member. It makes me sad for them. I lost an uncle over ten years ago, and still to this day, I miss him so much. I learned from him that you tell each other that you love them or make sure that they know. I don't think I ever told him how much he meant to me, or thanked him for all that he did for me and others. Life is too short, and I wish so much we would not waste time being angry or not speaking to someone. How would you feel if they were gone tomorrow? I do know that there are situations and times that we get on each other's nerves, get annoyed, angry, fed up, or grumpy. I think that is the beauty of family, because they see us the way we are all the time, and they still love us. Let's face it - when it is really bad and we need help - who do we call? Yes, I have some awesome friends that would come immediately, but most of the time you start out with that very first phone call to a family member. I do love my family very much - the whole crew. I know they love me even at my very worst - how awesome is that?


Friends can come and go - family is forever.
Always remember that you get on their nerves probably as much as they do yours.
Make it a habit to tell them that you love them as much as possible - when you hang up the phone is a great place to start or with a card - especially with those that have a hard time sharing emotion.
Ignore the little things, and don't sweat the small stuff - we are all human.
Listen to each other, and don't try to fix it - and give support.
Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is never promised to anyone - love your family today.

1 comment: