Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Run

I wanted to share that I ran my very first mile several weeks ago. This is big for me, because I was not in sports during school, and I am almost 40 years old. So, I was very tickled that I successfully ran a whole mile without stopping (at a very, very slow pace). Why??? I don't really know for sure - lots of reasons, but I really thought it would just help me feel less stressed. My first day to try, which was over a month ago - I could not even make it to the end of our block. Two days ago, Monday - I actually ran three miles, and cried. I am hoping to do the Wildflower 5K run here in Fredericksburg next weekend, but have not committed yet. We shall see what happens, but I do have lots of time to think while running - so these are my thoughts...



Remember this verse - For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Understand that anything you make up your mind to do takes time and determination.

Never take your dog running unless they are very well trained, and don't leave home without a kleenex. Never give up - even if you have to just walk (which can also make you feel better).

No comments:

Post a Comment